Before the school year begins many teachers are full of a sense of renewed excitement and commitment for the goals they hope to achieve professionally and in their classrooms. It is very realistic that while some may have stuck and even exceeded expectations, just like so many goals we set for ourselves, others may have gotten lost in the mix.
Just like in our personal lives, January provides an ideal time to set new resolutions or revisit goals from the start of the school year. While you may be inclined to think that mid-school year is a hard time to establish new patterns, because it’s a universal fresh start, it is a natural time to try new things! In addition, it coincides with parents new yeas resolutions, some of which may involve their parenting and/or involvement in their child’s education.
Here are 5 Resolutions to Consider:
- Remind parents of the communication they can expect from you along with your communication preferences.
- Message a parent to share something positive about their child.
- Add reminders to your posts so that you don’t have to set up an additional post on the same topic.
- Schedule posts to publish in advance to fit communication into a schedule that is most convenient for you.
- Make sure you that are committed to reaching all of your students’ families, even those that are yet to engage this school year.
Wishing you much success with these and any other resolutions in 2018!
Lisa Kehoe, SchoolCNXT Editorial Team and former teacher